Are you an athlete or a sports enthusiast having vision problems? If so, it’s high-time that you visit a LASIK eye center in Los Angeles. Have your eyes checked and get your vision problems corrected the soonest possible.
Eye: The Organ of Vision
If you’re into sports, the functionality of all your organs and senses is especially crucial in performing your daily activities. The eye is one of the most significant body organs. As your primary contact with the environment, the eye allows you to observe and learn about your surroundings.
- It is crucial in performing everyday activities.
- It facilitates communication with other people.
- It affects the capability to practice a profession and safely move.
Humans perceive about 80% of all impressions through the sense of sight. Eye complications can lead to severe diseases that when not treated can impair the human existence. Therefore, it is only imperative that you visit a LASIK eye center in Los Angeles once you notice signs of eye complications.
Significance of Clear Vision in Sports
Athletes belong to the big population that rely on their eyes in ensuring success in their profession. Vision skills is significant for sports. It serves for visual acuity, concentration, balance, body coordination, reaction time, memory, and depth perception. Without vision skills, athletes and sports enthusiasts alike will have a difficult time in sports.
Although athletes live an active lifestyle, that doesn’t make them less susceptible from getting an eye injury. In fact, a big population taken to the emergency room due to an eye injury are sports-related.
Advantages of Laser Eye Surgery when You’re Into Sports
Eye complications affect other senses, such as hearing and tasting. In order to perform at your maximum strength and effort, it is extremely important to have a clear vision. If you know you’re suffering from eye complication, such as near-sightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism, and your ophthalmologist has recommended undergoing LASIK surgery, then, by all means, do so. Here’s why.
- LASIK reduces or eliminates vision problems.
- It saves you from the burden of wearing eyeglass or contact lens.
- It allows you to focus entirely on improving your endurance.
- It reduces the risk of suffering eye injuries when playing your favorite sport.
- It increases your overall performance not only in sports but also in everyday activities.
Some Ways to Protect Your Eyes after Your Laser Eye Surgery in Los Angeles
Undergoing eye procedure does not mean going back to abusing your eyes. Protect your eyes with the following tips.
- Be sure to wear protective gear when you’re playing sports. Use goggles for snow skiing, helmets, and guards for baseball, among others.
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection when exposed to the sun.
- Exercise your eyes. Practice the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away, for 20 seconds.
- Keep your hands off your eyes.
- Attend your consultation with your LASIK surgeon.
Whether you need to undergo laser eye surgery or cataract surgery in Los Angeles, we at Excel Laser Vision Institute can help you. Schedule a consultation with our resident doctor and have your eyes checked for better sports performance. Remember, it is better to treat complications early before they affect most of your activities.
Don’t let your vision problems hamper your success. Let us help you with laser eye surgery.