Is your reading vision causing you problems? It’s time to consider Lasik surgery in Orange County. Once you hit your 40s, you may have noticed that your vision is starting to blur when performing tasks at close distances, such as reading the paper, scanning e-mails, and checking out the fine print on labels. At the very least, this can be annoying and inconvenient. However, you may also start experiencing eyestrain, headaches, and fatigue as a result.
If you already have prescription glasses, bifocals, or contact lenses for your reading vision, then you’re already familiar with the hassle and stress they bring to the table. Fortunately, there are now better and more effective options for vision improvement, with corrective eye surgery in Orange County being one of the top alternatives.
Who’s at risk for reading problems?
Short answer: everyone.
All of us will experience some form of vision problems for the simple reason that the lenses and muscles in our eyes become less flexible as we grow older. It becomes more challenging to see things up close and to change focus.
There are some factors, however, that increase this risk, such as:
- Family history of macular degeneration or glaucoma
- Eye-hazardous occupations
- Visually-demanding jobs, such as those that require you to work with computers for hours on end
- Chronic high blood pressure or diabetes
- Side effect of medication for thyroid, high cholesterol, arthritis, and other health conditions
How can you tell if your reading vision is starting to deteriorate?
Of course, a couple of instances of blurry vision do not automatically mean that your vision is declining. On the other hand, here are some warning signs you should watch out for:
- Difficulty reading: you start having problems reading printed materials and doing close work
- Need for more light: you need more light than you used to whenever you’re doing visual tasks
- Glare problems: you start noticing halos or glare around headlights at night, or off of sun reflections during daytime
- Color perception issues: it becomes challenging to differentiate color shades
It’s always better to catch and solve eye problems early on, especially when it comes to your reading ability. If you experience one or more of these symptoms for a significant amount of time, schedule a visit with an eye care professional as soon as you can.
Get Back Your Vision
If you’ve never had to wear contact lenses or eyeglasses before, then experiencing reading problems after you turn 40 can be incredibly frustrating and concerning. It can interfere with many aspects of your life, such as performing your work tasks right down to the simple things like reading books.
It’s important to note that cumbersome eyeglasses, contact lenses, and bifocals are not your only option to regain clear reading vision. Millions of people around the world are turning to corrective eye surgery for a painless, fast, and effective solution.
If you think you’re the right candidate for corrective eye surgery, you may be right. The best eye surgeon in Orange County will help you explore your options, so feel free to drop by the Excel Laser Vision Institute for a consultation.