Do you often misplace your contact lenses? Are you tired of wearing and cleaning them, but you don’t want to go back to using eyeglasses? If so, consider getting the best laser eye surgery in Los Angeles.
While undergoing Lasik eye surgery does demand a significant sum upfront, it will help you save more money in the long run. Consider how much you spend on contact lens-related instances every year. You need to purchase cleaning solution regularly to keep your contacts in top condition. If your eyes react negatively to your contacts—and this can happen months into wearing them—you’ll need to consult your eye care specialist immediately. There’s also the problem of getting replacements whenever you lose or misplace them.
How Lasik Eye Surgery Eliminates the Need for Contacts
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are typically prescribed to make up for the eye’s refractive error. These visual aids bend light rays in a way that cancels out the refractive error.
Lasik eye surgery in Los Angeles reduces or eliminates the need for visual aids by permanently correcting the refractive error. Here’s how it works.
- An eye surgeon alters the shape of the cornea with a microkeratome, making a precise corneal flap.
- They expose the corneal tissue underneath by pulling back the flap.
- Then, they make the necessary alterations with an excimer laser to treat the eye’s refractive error.
- Once the changes are done, the flap is repositioned on top of the corneal tissue.
What You Need to Know Before Getting Lasik Eye Surgery
Think laser eye surgery is for you? Don’t search for a qualified eye surgeon just yet. Here are some things that every potential Lasik patient should consider before getting the procedure.
- Not everyone can undergo laser eye surgery. You can only get the procedure if:
- You are 18 years old and above.
- You have a stable vision for at least a year.
- Your profession or vocation does not prevent you from getting Lasik surgery.
- You have no medical or ocular contraindications to the procedure.
- There’s a chance that you will need eyeglasses after the procedure. As mentioned before, laser eye surgery is designed to reduce—if not eliminate—the need for corrective visual aids. Most patients do end up with a vision that’s good enough to forgo the use of contacts and glasses post-procedure. Some, however, still require visual assistance. Consult an eye specialist if you want to find out how you’ll fare after getting Lasik eye surgery.
- Contrary to what most people believe, Lasik eye surgery is not unaffordable. Yes, it is expensive up front. However, given the numerous options for Lasik financing in Los Angeles, it is certainly not unaffordable. Since most health insurances don’t cover the procedure, many clinics offer special payment options to accommodate various patients.
Get Better Vision Today!
Do you think getting Lasik surgery is your best option for improving your vision and getting rid of your contacts? Contact Excel Laser Vision Institute today! With over two decades of successful Lasik surgeries under our belt, you can rest assured that you’ll leave our clinic with your vision better than ever.
Worried that you can’t afford our services? Don’t be. We offer several flexible payment options that can surely accommodate your financing needs. Click here to find out more. Experience the best laser eye surgery in Los Angeles!