While many people are raving about their Netflix subscriptions, your cataract problem may be hindering you from binge-watching your favorite shows. Don’t let this be the case. Consult your doctor right away and schedule your cataract surgery in Orange County.
What You Need to Know about Cataract
A cataract is a phenomenon wherein the eye’s natural lens becomes clouded. It develops as a risk of aging, diabetes, obesity, and smoking, among others.
This condition can not only hinder you from enjoying the most popular fantasy series or the sitcom everyone’s talking about; it can also affect your daily activities, including reading and communicating, among others. As such, it is imperative that you have this condition addressed immediately through corrective eye surgery.
Qualifying for Corrective Eye Surgery
Corrective eye surgery is a crucial decision because of the delicate procedure involved. For instance, cataract surgery involves a delicate process of removing the cloudy lens in your eye and replacing it with an intraocular lens (IOL). In addition, this procedure requires certain qualifications before allowing the patient to go through the procedure. These qualifications are listed below:
Dysfunctional lens syndrome
Dysfunctional lens syndrome is a condition that is observed when driving at night. This is characterized by blurry night vision and seeing irritable headlight glare and halos.
Visual acuity of 20/40 or worse
20/40 is the legal vision requirement for an unrestricted driver’s license in most states. Without proper vision, you reduce your chances of acquiring a driver’s license. In addition, people who suffer from poor vision will not be able to see things as they are, impairing their ability to do things.
Insurance and financial considerations
Depending on the insurance company, cataract surgery is considered to be medically necessary. Review your insurance policy’s details to know if your vision is qualified for cataract surgery as a necessary expense.
By investing in Los Angeles LASIK vision correction, you can stream your favorite shows or movies worry-free! Before you think about binge-watching, however, make sure that you get the right intraocular lens (IOL) that is tailor-made for your condition.
Lenses for Eye Correction Surgery
When undergoing cataract surgery, you will be offered different lenses depending on your eye condition. Here are just some of the IOLs offered:
- Accommodating-focus monofocal – This type of lens has a single focus strength, but it can respond to eye muscle movements, allowing you to focus on distant and near objects.
- Fixed-focus monofocal – This lens has a single focus strength for distance vision. This type of lens is usually used for reading.
- Multifocal – Multifocal lenses are comparable to glasses with progressive lenses. Each area of the lens has different focusing strengths, which permit far, medium, and near vision.
- Astigmatism correction – Astigmatism occurs when the eye’s cornea is irregularly shaped, or the lens inside the eyes is misshapen. This condition causes blurred vision. A toric lens—a lens with varying optical power and focal length, comes in two orientations perpendicular to each other—can help correct significant astigmatism,
Eye Care After the Operation
After surgery, you can expect your vision to improve in a few days, but it may take 4-6 weeks for the eyes to heal completely. You also need to visit your doctor within 1-3 weeks to check on your condition. To be safe, do not expose your eyes to any device until you are given the signal to do so.
To prevent damage to your eyes, remember the following tips when binge-watching:
- Avoid digital eyestrain. Long hours of being glued to screens can result in irritated and dry eyes. Small pixelated images force eyes to work harder for focus. Do the “20-20-20 technique:” Rest your eyes every 20 minutes and focus on something 20 ft away from the screen for about 20 seconds.
- Keep the lights on. Having a well-lit room helps make sure that you don’t lose sight of your time, It also lessens the strain on your eye, so you can see things clearly without getting a headache.
- Set a limit. Either set 2-3 episodes per viewing or set a time limit for your movie marathon so that your eyes don’t get strained
Plan Your Corrective Eye Surgery Now
Regain your vision and enjoy the blessings in front of you —make this possible with immediate eye surgery. If you want the best results, trust only Excel Laser Vision Institute. Let our reliable LASIK Eye surgeon in Orange County handle your eye care needs. Contact us at 866-923-9235 for a free consultation regarding your eye surgery.