is a critical factor to consider in undergoing the procedure. It is crucial that you understand where your spending goes to make an informed decision.
To help determine if refractive eye correction is of your best interest, let’s identify what contributes to the costs of Lasik operation and discuss the various financing options available today. Read on and find out why Lasik procedure is a valuable investment.
Breakdown of Eye Correction Costs
Laser eye surgery costs typically vary based on how many eyes will be treated and the clinic that will conduct the procedure. In addition, the laser technology that will be used — “bladeless” All-Laser-Lasik or “custom cornea” Wavefront-guided Lasik— also has a significant impact on the final rate.
Surgery costs typically include:
- The pre-operative care of the patient
- The surgery procedure, including the medications and technologies used
- The post-operative examinations and care of the patient
- The surgeries to correct mistakes in the operation, if necessary
Laser eye surgeons also provide comprehensive breakdowns of their operations during billing. They typically reveal these costs:
- Compensation of the surgeon for performing the procedure
- Acquisition and maintenance costs of the femtosecond and excimer lasers
- Royalty fees paid for the use of the laser
- Supplies used in the surgery procedure
- Comprehensive eye examination
- Office overhead, which includes the staff’s salaries and benefits, rent, and administration
- Patient acquisition, which includes the seminars and advertising conducted to get the patients
While this breakdown reveals a broader picture of what a laser eye surgery in Los Angeles involves, it is only a general outline. Get a more in-depth take of your operation costs from your Lasik clinic.
Eyeing Payment Options for Surgery
Most people choose their eye surgeon based on who falls under their budget. However, we strongly advise that you get the most trusted and highly recommended surgeon available for the best Lasik experience.
High-quality eye surgery can be costly that is why most eye clinics offer patient-friendly financing alternatives. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we offer these payment options:
- Cash – This is the easiest way of financing an operation.
- Checks – These are the more convenient payment option compared to cash as they are less risky and cumbersome to carry.
- Credit Cards – These are recommended for financing operations because of their installment options. We accept payments made with VISA, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Care Credit – This is a special credit card designed specifically for health and wellness transactions. It covers out-of-pocket expenses which aren’t included in medical insurance.
- Wells Fargo Health Advantage – This is a special credit card program that allows you to finance health care bills through special drawn-up plans. You get a revolving line of credit that can be used at any time.
Finance Your Eye Surgery without Breaking Your Budget
Don’t let laser surgery cost faze you. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we ensure that you get the best deal for your operation. Our decades of experience have made us one of the most trusted names in the community. Schedule an appointment with us now at 866-923-9235 and get affordable and reliable LASIK in Orange County and Los Angeles!