is a critical factor to consider in undergoing the procedure. It is crucial that you understand where your spending goes to make an informed decision.
To help determine if refractive eye correction is of your best interest, let’s identify what contributes to the costs of Lasik operation and discuss the various financing options available today. Read on and find out why Lasik procedure is a valuable investment.
Breakdown of Eye Correction Costs
Laser eye surgery costs typically vary based on how many eyes will be treated and the clinic that will conduct the procedure. In addition, the laser technology that will be used — “bladeless” All-Laser-Lasik or “custom cornea” Wavefront-guided Lasik— also has a significant impact on the final rate.
Surgery costs typically include:
- The pre-operative care of the patient
- The surgery procedure, including the medications and technologies used
- The post-operative examinations and care of the patient
- The surgeries to correct mistakes in the operation, if necessary
Laser eye surgeons also provide comprehensive breakdowns of their operations during billing. They typically reveal these costs:
- Compensation of the surgeon for performing the procedure
- Acquisition and maintenance costs of the femtosecond and excimer lasers
- Royalty fees paid for the use of the laser
- Supplies used in the surgery procedure
- Comprehensive eye examination
- Office overhead, which includes the staff’s salaries and benefits, rent, and administration
- Patient acquisition, which includes the seminars and advertising conducted to get the patients
While this breakdown reveals a broader picture of what a laser eye surgery in Los Angeles involves, it is only a general outline. Get a more in-depth take of your operation costs from your Lasik clinic.
Eyeing Payment Options for Surgery
Most people choose their eye surgeon based on who falls under their budget. However, we strongly advise that you get the most trusted and highly recommended surgeon available for the best Lasik experience.
High-quality eye surgery can be costly that is why most eye clinics offer patient-friendly financing alternatives. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we offer these payment options:
- Cash – This is the easiest way of financing an operation.
- Checks – These are the more convenient payment option compared to cash as they are less risky and cumbersome to carry.
- Credit Cards – These are recommended for financing operations because of their installment options. We accept payments made with VISA, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Care Credit – This is a special credit card designed specifically for health and wellness transactions. It covers out-of-pocket expenses which aren’t included in medical insurance.
- Wells Fargo Health Advantage – This is a special credit card program that allows you to finance health care bills through special drawn-up plans. You get a revolving line of credit that can be used at any time.
Finance Your Eye Surgery without Breaking Your Budget
Don’t let laser surgery cost faze you. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we ensure that you get the best deal for your operation. Our decades of experience have made us one of the most trusted names in the community. Schedule an appointment with us now at 866-923-9235 and get affordable and reliable LASIK in Orange County and Los Angeles!
Corrective eye surgery in Orange County is well-known for its quick recovery. Many people are led to believe that Lasik is a simple and short procedure; that is why most patients do not take recovery seriously. Do not commit the same mistake. Avoid these common mistakes post-eye surgery to speed up your recovery time.
Post-Lasik Mistakes You Need to Avoid
Like all forms of surgery, recovering from Lasik or cataract eye surgery in Orange County requires patience and effort on the patient’s part to speed up the process. It usually takes at least a week or two before you can see at your sharpest focus—but if you wish to speed up the healing process, be sure to avoid these common mistakes:
Typically an hour or two after the
surgery, the images around you may appear blurred or distorted. That is why it
is best to steer clear of the road after the surgery.
Make sure that you are fully recovered
from your surgical procedure before you resume driving. There should be no
distracting effect of pain or any pain relief medication you are taking to be
able to concentrate fully on driving.
- Heavy Lifting
It’s best to keep yourself well-rested
instead of doing some heavy lifting around the house. Stay in bed whenever
possible, and rest your eyes for as much as you can. This will significantly
reduce the strain in your eyes.
- Rubbing Your
This is the last thing you would want to do after your corrective eye surgery in Orange County, especially during the first seven days post-surgery. Rubbing your eyes can cause a dislodged flap, which can lead to severe damage to your cornea and overall vision. Rubbing your eyes exposes it to worse complications including eye infection and irritation.
Some eye makeup products are flaky,
which can be risky because any element that goes into your eye may serve as
potential damage. To avoid other potential risks, avoid wearing eye makeup for
a week or two after your corrective eye surgery.
Waiting for a week or two for your
eyes to fully recover can be hard—but as they say, patience is a virtue!
Remember to take it easy, get a lot of rest, and just be patient with the
recovery process. In no time, you can enjoy 20/20 vision!
Give Your Eyes the Best Treatment!
At Excel Laser Vision Institute, we go the extra mile to give our patients the eye care that they deserve. Our expert surgeons will take care of you from consultation to perfect vision. We also offer the best Lasik financing around Orange County, making Lasik accessible to anyone who needs it. Call us at 866-923-9235 Give, and let’s see if you’re the right candidate for the procedure!
Have you ever wondered why some jobs require people to have perfect eyesight? For the most part, these careers have a high standard for vision due to the nature of the work to be performed. In some types of job, an individual’s ability to perceive depth, color, distance and other similar visual aspects can mean the difference between life and death. Take for example air force pilots, air traffic controllers, firefighters, airline pilots, and astronauts who may be entrusted with the lives of many on a daily basis. (more…)