Everything is almost ready for your upcoming surgery at your Lasik eye center in Los Angeles. You’ve done your research, chosen an experienced Lasik surgeon, and made financing arrangements. As you wait for the big day, there are some things you should cross off your preparation checklist to make the operation as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
6 Last-Minute Tips for Lasik Surgery
Lasik surgery typically takes just a few minutes of precise, computer-controlled laser surgery to reshape the cornea and restore clear eyesight. With over a 95% success rate, it’s one of the safest and most effective ways to correct myopia, astigmatism, farsightedness, and other refractive errors.
Complications from the procedure are extremely rare, and recovery is usually fast and painless. Here are several steps you can take to make the process easier before and after your surgery:
- Stop wearing your contact lenses around two weeks before the procedure.
Contacts tend to reshape corneas, so Lasik surgeons recommend that patients stop wearing them to allow the eyes to return to their normal state.
- Apply your prescription eye drops.
Your eye surgeon may recommend prescription eye drops for dry eyes before your surgery. Make sure you follow the application routine. This will help prevent discomfort after the procedure and assist the healing process.
- Have someone pick you up from the clinic.
Your eyes will be extra sensitive after the surgery. Avoid exposing your eyes to road glare, harsh lights, and strain by arranging for someone to drive or accompany you home from the Lasik eye center in Los Angeles.
- Take a bath and wash your hair the day of your procedure.
To protect your sensitive eyes from water and soap, avoid taking direct showers for at least a week after the procedure. Take a thorough bath and wash your hair right before your surgery.
- Ask a friend or relative to take care of your pets while you recover.
You will have to take it slow and rest as much as you can the first few days after getting corrective eye surgery. If you have pets, consider asking a friend or relative to take them in for a while. This ensures that your pets get walked and fed while you recover from the operation. This also minimizes the risk of exposing your eyes to the sun and pet hair.
- Shop ahead for groceries and prepare food.
Preparing several meals that will last a few days after your surgery ensures that you’re eating healthy meals to aid your recovery. It will also help you avoid standing over a hot stove or oven right after getting Lasik.
Begin Your Journey to Crystal Clear Vision
Now that you’re done with your preparations, the only thing left is to go in for your Lasik surgery appointment. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying perfect vision without the need for glasses or contacts for many years to come!
Still researching your options? Our representatives here at Excel Laser Vision Institute would be happy to help. Call us at +1 866 923 9235 to discuss laser eye surgery cost, benefits, and other factors that will affect your procedure.
Laser eye surgery cost is a critical factor to consider in undergoing the procedure. It is crucial that you understand where your spending goes to make an informed decision.
To help determine if refractive eye correction is of your best interest, let’s identify what contributes to the costs of Lasik operation and discuss the various financing options available today. Read on and find out why Lasik procedure is a valuable investment.
Breakdown of Eye Correction Costs
Laser eye surgery costs typically vary based on how many eyes will be treated and the clinic that will conduct the procedure. In addition, the laser technology that will be used — “bladeless” All-Laser-Lasik or “custom cornea” Wavefront-guided Lasik— also has a significant impact on the final rate.
Surgery costs typically include:
- The pre-operative care of the patient
- The surgery procedure, including the medications and technologies used
- The post-operative examinations and care of the patient
- The surgeries to correct mistakes in the operation, if necessary
Laser eye surgeons also provide comprehensive breakdowns of their operations during billing. They typically reveal these costs:
- Compensation of the surgeon for performing the procedure
- Acquisition and maintenance costs of the femtosecond and excimer lasers
- Royalty fees paid for the use of the laser
- Supplies used in the surgery procedure
- Comprehensive eye examination
- Office overhead, which includes the staff’s salaries and benefits, rent, and administration
- Patient acquisition, which includes the seminars and advertising conducted to get the patients
While this breakdown reveals a broader picture of what a laser eye surgery in Los Angeles involves, it is only a general outline. Get a more in-depth take of your operation costs from your Lasik clinic.
Eyeing Payment Options for Surgery
Most people choose their eye surgeon based on who falls under their budget. However, we strongly advise that you get the most trusted and highly recommended surgeon available for the best Lasik experience.
High-quality eye surgery can be costly that is why most eye clinics offer patient-friendly financing alternatives. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we offer these payment options:
- Cash – This is the easiest way of financing an operation.
- Checks – These are the more convenient payment option compared to cash as they are less risky and cumbersome to carry.
- Credit Cards – These are recommended for financing operations because of their installment options. We accept payments made with VISA, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Care Credit – This is a special credit card designed specifically for health and wellness transactions. It covers out-of-pocket expenses which aren’t included in medical insurance.
- Wells Fargo Health Advantage – This is a special credit card program that allows you to finance health care bills through special drawn-up plans. You get a revolving line of credit that can be used at any time.
Finance Your Eye Surgery without Breaking Your Budget
Don’t let laser surgery cost faze you. Here at Excel Laser Vision Institute, we ensure that you get the best deal for your operation. Our decades of experience have made us one of the most trusted names in the community. Schedule an appointment with us now at 866-923-9235 and get affordable and reliable LASIK in Orange County and Los Angeles!